Cellular Therapy Leadership Course at BMT Tandem - 101
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
8 am to 12 pm
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center [map]
6000 West Osceola Parkway
Kissimmee, FL 34746
Do you want to improve your leadership skills? Everyone wins when leaders get better, and this half-day course is designed for that outcome.
In years past, participation in FACT’s leadership workshop has been by invitation. The course is open to anyone who has (or aspires to) a leadership position in cell therapy – whether you direct a transplant center or laboratory, lead a cell collection service or cord blood bank, head a staff of nurses or transplant coordinators, hold an office or board position in a volunteer organization, chair a committee, or have any position in which you are expected to motivate and lead a team.
Participants in past years have been unanimous: “We just don’t receive this type of training in medical school or anywhere else” . . . “It was fun” . . . “So very well presented” . . . “Great group discussions” . . . “The workshop was beyond my expectations” . . . “Excellent interaction among participants” . . . “It should be a longer program – all day, or maybe two days.”
The highly interactive and participatory curriculum teaches leadership principles including:
• The leader as coach
• Differences between managing and leading
• Basic styles of leadership and how to recognize your own style
• When each style of leadership may be appropriate
• Running and participating in effective meetings
• How to build consensus
• Four proven ways to motivate people
• Effective delegation skills
• How to adapt to change, and even be a change agent
• Understanding and exercising governance roles and responsibilities
• Ten basic responsibilities of a governing board
• Legal implications of decision making and liability and fiduciary responsibilities
Woven throughout the leadership course is an overview of FACT’s organizational structure, purpose, challenges, current programs and accomplishments.
Whatever you lead, this course is designed to help you recognize your leadership skills and acquire new ones that effectively encourage innovation, achieve consensus, build momentum, turn ideas into reality, eliminate distractions and guide a team toward goals.
Related Web Pages and Sites:
2017 BMT Tandem Meetings
Registration Fees:These fees are available through 02/21/2017